- bribe a guest into becoming an accomplice (take a card from the inn to their hand)
- build an annex (move a card from their hand to their player area; it now represents a structure under which a victim may be buried)
- kill a guest (move a card from the inn to their player area, awaiting burial)
- bury a victim (place an unburied victim card under an annex card and take the money from the victim's pockets)
- launder money (players may only have a certain amount of cash on hand; excess must be converted to 10F checks by the local notary)
At the end of the round, if any room of the inn contains one of the police, then they conduct an investigation; if a player has any unburied victims, then he must pay 10F per victim to the local gravedigger to hurredly — and quietly — bury the bodies! Lastly in the round, any cards (accomplices) in each player's hand must be paid 1F each. After the guest deck has been depleted the second time, players take a final round, then tally their francs. The player with the most money wins!